- 350g Unsweetened or sweet shortcrust pastry
- Graded rind of 2 or 3 lemons
- 150ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 65g caster sugar
- 60ml creme fraiche
- 4 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 1900C/3750F. Roll out the pastry thinly and use to line a 23cm/9in flat tin (tart pan). Prick the base of the pastry all over with a folk.
2. Line the pastry case with foil or baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the edges are set and dry. Remove the foil and beans and continue baking for a further 5-7 minutes, until golden.
3. Place the lemon rind, juice and sugar in a bowl. Beat until combined and then gradually add the creme fraiche and beat until well blended.
4. eat in the 4 eggs, one at a time, then beat in the remaining egg yolks and pour the filling into the pastry case. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the filing is set. If the pastry begins to brown too much, cover the edges with foil. Leave to cool. Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.