There are many other ingredients used in this recipe, however, I never mind cooking this as most ingredients are always available in my pantry and, more importantly, cooking procedure is very simple. Still, we have an impressive dish to serve perfectly with steamed rice, or rice noodles.
I liked this chicken at first bite, but I think I liked the sauce more and wished that I had cooked more rice than usual so as not to waste even a drop of the sauce
This is another recipe with chicken legs from my German cookbook – a gift from my friend. Though the recipe calls for whole chicken legs, I only had the frozen chicken thighs in my freezer. But it’s still okay, just a small difference in presentation.
These roasted chicken legs are very simple to make. Although it is not necessary to marinate the chicken for long hours, I still prefer to let the chicken in marinating mixture for some time. Still, if you don’t have time, you can go ahead with roasting the chicken right after you finish rubbing them with the mixture.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 4 chicken legs (about 250g/ piece)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs vegetable or sunflower oil
- For fan oven, preheat to 350F (180C). Without-fan oven, preheat to 400F (200C).
- Wash the chicken legs and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika and oil. Rub the chicken legs evenly with this mixture. You can let to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Place the chicken on the roasting tin and insert to the centre of the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes.