This pasta soup is easy to make. In fact, this is the first time I made pasta soup. At first I wanted to make something with butternut squash and I came across this recipe. It was just perfect as I like both pasta and soup.
Ingredients: (serves 4 – 5)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced (1.5cm pieces)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced (1.5 cm pieces)
- salt, pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme(or 3 tbs fresh thyme)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1.2 l chicken stock
- 100g short pasta (or spaghetti broken into short pieces)
- grated parmesan, as needed
- Cook the onion and garlic with olive oil for 5-7 minutes until soft. Add the diced carrot, butternut squash and dried thyme, season with salt and pepper, cook for about 7 minutes until the vegetables are soften.
- Add the chili powder and chicken stock, bring to a boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes until the carrot and squash pieces start to break.
- Add pasta to the soup and cook until pasta is al dente.
- Adjust the seasoning again.
- Divide the soup into serving dishes and sprinkle with parmesan.