This is the first time I cooked and tasted this kind of cocktail. I am still not sure why this dish is called "cocktail", but finding that the dish seems to be refreshing, I thought: it’s quite simple, why not make a try?
There’s no way I got dissappointed at this dish. It was really great to serve as an appertizer. The colors of the whole cocktail cup were eye-catching with the red and green in harmony with the fine color of the "dressing" or "cocktail sauce"? It had a tangy taste that impressed me right at the first bite. It’s better that you use live prawns (now in Vietnam, I can easily buy live prawns right at wet markets) as they are fresher and the texture is firmer.
Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
- 200g large prawns
- 2 tbs whipping cream
- 4 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 ttbs tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp worcestershire
- juice of ½ lemon
- some lettuce leaves
- salt, pepper, paprika
- Steam the prawns until done. Peel, remove the heads.
- Whisk the whipping cream until soft sponge.
- Combine the whipped cream, mayonnaise and ketchup in a bowl. Add worcestershire sauce then gradually add the lemon juice until the mixture has a sharp taste. Season with salt.
- Chop the lettuce leaves and divide into cups.
- Divide the peeled prawns into the cups. Pour over with the cocktail sauce.
- Sprinkle the cups with ground pepper and paprika before serving.