This soup is just great to enjoy with bread slices. Let’s imagine that you are dipping a crispy bread slice into a warm thick soup with beautiful orange color and creamy texture, then gradually taking a first bite, feeling the first impression coming from the good smell, you’ll appreciate a good treat of the day.
It is very easy to cook this soup, it matters only that you gather all the necessary ingredients. Cooking time is just within 30 minutes and you will have a pleasant soup for either breakfast, lunch or dinner, but I prefer having it for dinner with the freshly baked bread which I spent the whole afternoon to make it.
Ingredients: (serves 8)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tbs butter
- 850g chicken broth
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinamon
- 900g butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup skimmed milk
- Cook onion and celery in butter until softened. Add chicken broth, sugar, bay leaf, salt, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon, stirring well.
- Add butternut squash and potatoes, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, simmer for for 15-20 minutes until all the veggies are tender.
- Remove from the heat, cool slightly, discard the bay leaf. Process the mixture until very smooth. Return to the saucepan and add the milk, stirring constantly and cook until heated through.