I got this recipe from my cookbook "Culina Mundi". The book features selected dishes among the most popular dishes of world’s cuisines. This salad is originated in Cuba. Finding the recipe is easy to follow, and that I like having pineapple in the food I eat, so I made up my mind to make this salad for dinner.
With salads that use mayonnaise to combine the ingredients, I often prefer to chill the salad before serving. I find having a cool salad more palatable. This salad, in particular, introduced to me a new taste and new experience about the world of salads. It was not so amazing to say "wow", but I liked it.
Ingredients: (5-6 servings)
- 1 chicken leg
- 1 tbs salt
- 100g potato
- 1 medium pineapple
- ½ onion
- lettuce leaves
- Clean the chicken leg and put it in a saucepan filled with water plus a little salt. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the chicken leg is thoroughly cooked. Remove the bone and cut the meat into small chunks.
- Peel the potatoes and dice, then boil in lightly salted water until just tender. Drain.
- Peel the pineapple and cut into small chunks.
- Dice the onion.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and add mayonnaise. Use just enough mayonnaise to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Chill in the fridge until serving time. Serve together with lettuce leaves.
(Note: I sprinkled some diced tomatoes over the salad to increase the contrast effect for photo-taking).