Making this noodle requires quite a number of ingredients, however, the cooking method is very simple. It is quick to make this kind of noodle salad and you’ll get a very healthy meal.
This noodle is refreshing with the juiciness and crunchiness of bell peppers. The flavours of lemon grass, lemon juice and cilantro are strong with the mild sour taste. At first bite, it turned a bit sour for my taste, but the more I ate, the more I liked the taste.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 300g soba or cha soba noodles
- 2 lemon grass, white parts only, finely chopped
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 3 ½ tbs soy sauce
- 3 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- Cook the noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and place in a large salad bowl.
- Combine the lemon grass, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice in a small bowl, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the noodles.
- Add the green onions, cilantro and bell peppers to the noodles, toss well.
- Divide the noodles into serving dishes.