The left-over bell peppers after I cooked the stir-fried prawns and peppers were used to make this vegetarian dish. Now I like peppers so much that whenever I see fresh and firm new peppers at supermarkets I will buy some and preserve them in my fridge. Luckily, bell peppers can be preserved for a quite a long time in the fridge, they do not get stale very quickly.
This is a vegetarian food which is fresh and colorful. Whenever I cook bell peppers using all three colors, I love the dish as it looks lively and bright.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1 box silken tofu
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 large chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 each of green, yellow and red pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili sauce
- salt or cooking granules
- coriander, chopped
- Steam the tofu until heated through.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, cook the ginger and chili until fragrant (about 30 sec.) Add the peppers, carrot, stir in soy sauce and chili sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until the peppers are crisp-tender. Season with salt.
- Pour the pepper sauce over the tofu, sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve while hot or warm.