I like making pancakes and I often look for new pancake recipes to try. Normally I only have time to make fresh pancakes at weekends. The other days I often have bread, muffins or cakes for breakfasts, which I would make on the day before. Having fresh pancakes for breakfast is so so good and I feel that my weekend begins more meaningfully.
These sweetcorn pancakes are easy and fast to make. They can be served good with sausages. And so we had a very nice breakfast.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 1 sweetcorn, cob removed
- 10g melted butter
- 50g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 10g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp honey
- 60ml milk
- a little oil, to brush the frying pan
- Cook the corn kernels for 6-7 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, honey and milk, whisk to combine, then add the melted butter and stir well.
- Fold in the corn kernels into the flour mixture.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat until the pan is very hot. Brush the pan with a thin layer of oil, pour in a small amount of the batter to make a round pancake of 8-10cm in diameter.
- When the bubbles apprear on the surface, turn the pancake and cook until golden on both side.
- Serve the pancake with sausages.