I like fresh mushrooms, and king oyster mushroom is one of my best favorites. These mushrooms are not so expensive but they are also not considered cheap as compared with other kinds of fresh mushroom (and with my family’s budget). Sometimes the supermarket offers an acceptable price, I often buy these mushrooms and will cook the most delicious dishes with them.
This stir-fried mushroom with sesame in particular is very flavorful and fragrant. The texture of the mushrooms is just great with their distinctive flavor. Furthermore, the sesame oil and sesame seeds make them so aromatic, which reminds me of other Korean foods that often use sesame oil and seeds in cooking. Olive oil is advised, however I think other cooking oil is also fine. My favorite soy sauce is Kikkoman, I always have one bottle of this soy sauce brand in my kitchen. At the supermarket, this soy sauce might be more expensive than the other brands, but one bottle can be used for a long time and in lots of dishes. In return, the foods smell and taste better with this soy sauce. In the long time I think it is quite economic. For the spices, herbs and sauce, I am often willing to pay more for better quality.
Having this mushroom dish made us totally satisfied while thinking about the good health benefits that this mushroom can bring to us.
Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
- 1 pack King oyster mushroom (about 3 mushrooms)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs sliced green onion
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Wash the mushrooms well, cut into 3-4mm slices.
- Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce and garlic. Marinate the mushroom slices in this sauce for 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until the mushroom is thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the serving dish. Sprinkle with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- Best to serve while they are hot or warm.