I cooked pasta again. Pasta now is often in my cooking list of the week. I never thought I would be in love so much with pasta like this before. Just by a proper way of cooking pasta with basic principles about the nature of pasta in mind, we can always make a good pasta dish.
Once I hosted a year-end party with around 20 friends at my home, most of whom are Vietnamese students studying in Singapore. That time I treated them with only pasta, pizza and wine. I made three kinds of pasta and three kinds of pizza. They were all finished much faster than I could imagine, which caused me think whether I had prepared enough or not
That’s one good memory about pasta since I started to venture into this interesting section of food. I’m often eager at trying new pasta dish and revisit the most amazing recipes when I want to treat my family and friends. This pasta with asparagus and peas is also very easy to eat, very refreshing with the crunchy texture of the asparagus. Some cream is used helping to combine all the ingredients harmoniously. Pasta with veggies is never out of fashion for me.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 120ml heavy cream
- 125ml chicken broth
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 400g pasta (short pasta preferred)
- 400g fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup peas
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- salt, pepper
- Combine the cream, chicken broth, lemon juice and zest in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta in a lightly salted water until nearly done, add the asparagus and peas and cook together until the pasta is al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the cream mixture, parmesan and chopped parsley to the pasta. Season with salt and pepper, toss well before serving.