I tried a new pasta dish with tuna and tomato sauce. Simple, fast to cook yet delicious pasta dishes always inspire me into cooking and trying new recipes.
This pasta using angel hair is really fast to cook. It took only several minutes for the angel hair to be cooked al dente. The sauce was also quite simple. The true taste and texture of the tuna were preserved as it was. The lemon zest added a special fragrance into the dish. For me, this pasta is quite healthy, which made me very happy and comfortable after finishing the meal.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 200g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil or 2 tsp fresh chopped basil
- 200g angel hair pasta
- 150g tuna, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- salt, pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, add the onion and garlic, cook 3-4 mintues until softened. Add the tomatoes, basil and 1/4 cup water, bring to a boil and reduce the heat, simmer for about 5 mintues until the tomatoes are softened and broken.
- Add the tuna slices, grated lemon zest, salt and pepper, cook until the tuna is just done.
- Mix the pasta into the sauce or pour the sauce over pasta and mix before eating.