This was my first time baking savory muffins. It has been very hot these days and I have no appetite for sweet stuffs. Instead, I always want to eat fresh fruits and juice, or drink water. In my menu these days summer soups also appear in every meal.
However, I started to miss my oven and baking ingredients. So the idea of making savory desserts flashed in my head. I started browsing my books first and I got this muffin recipe from my Taste of Home recipe collection. It was very simple to make these muffins and I had them for my dinner. Freshly baked foods are always so good. What I only needed more is a glass of cold water, and so I really enjoyed my meal.
Ingredients: (12 muffins)
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 110g shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Grease the muffin pan or line with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.