I bought a cookie press not long ago and this was my first time to practise making cookies with it. It was a very interesting experience. Making the press-typed cookies with this tool was quite fast and clean as well. Just need to wash a few things after placing the cookies in the oven, and when you finish, the cookies may be ready.
Once again, I had to say "wow" with these cookies for their softness and crispiness. There was a funny cracking sound when I bit a cookie between my teeth. Yeah, of course with a small cookie like this one I could throw the whole thing into my mouth, yet I wanted to see the texture of it. The smell and taste of almonds were very strong and special. However, they were so fragile that needed to be handled with care, or they would be easily broken into pieces.
After keeping them in the air-tight container for a few days, they were still crunchy and soft. A good treat to our frequent visitors !
Ingredients (makes about 30-40)
- 225g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 190g unsalted butter, softened
- 90g sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 100g finely ground almonds
- Preheat the oven at (375F) 190C.
- Line the baking sheets with parchment paper (optional) or just apply directly on the baking sheet.
- Mix the flour and salt together.
- With electric mixer at high speed, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients and ground almonds to form a smooth dough.
- Insert a flower design plate into the cookie press and press out the cookies, leaving 2cm space apart.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until the edges become firm and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on wire rack.