This is my quick dinner. When I cannot think of what I want to eat, or when I don’t feel craving for anything, then I will look into my fridge to see what I have left inside. Normally I can find a few ingredients that I can combine and make me a good dish of pasta. I think cooking pasta is very flexible, still of course there are some principles that we should understand about pasta so that we do not create a messy dish without a combination of ingredients and flavors.
I follow the recipe from my pasta bible book, "lexicon of pasta", the book that really opens my view and understanding about pasta. Following the recipe from this book, I have made my wonderful dinner, with a glass of red wine.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 200g pasta (I used 100g penne and 100g elbow, boiled them separately)
- 100g bacon, pancetta or ham
- 2 eggs
- 25g parmesan, freshly grated
- 200ml light cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and keep warm in the pan.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Then fry until crispy in a skillet, over medium heat, do not burn. Drain on a kitchen towel.
- Beat the cream, eggs and parmesan thoroughly together in a bowl. Pour the egg and cream mixture into a pan and cook until thickened. Then stir in the pancetta and season with black pepper, to taste.
- Divide the pasta into the serving plates, pour the sauce over the pasta and carefully stir together.