Whenever seeing cherry tomatoes in supermarkets (the ones that are let for free selection), I cannot resist buying some. With these cherry tomatoes, you can choose one by one then pick the firmest and freshest ones. Buying the already-packed box of these fragile little things may encounter unequal quality.
Cherry tomatoes are always best for making salad for its perfect sweetness and juiciness. The feeling of chewing a firm tomato in your mouth and feeling the juice coming out to blend with the dressing and other stuffs is great. I love this salad for its immediate refreshing effect.
-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted and halved green olives
- 1/4 can pitted and sliced black olives
- 1 stalk of spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a big bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, green olives, back olives, and spring onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over salad, and gently stir to coat. Chill for 1 hour.