First time I made muffins with frosting.
Are these really muffins? I doubt. I think it is also true to call these cupcakes. However, they taste so good – this is the most important fact.
Ingredients: (to make 12 jumbo muffins)
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g self-raising flour, sifted
- 300g strawberries, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 150g cream cheese
- 35g icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 12 jumbo muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined.
- Add the vanilla and fold in the flour and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with extra strawberries and the cheesecake cream.
- To make the cheesecake cream, place all ingredients in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until thick and combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.