My first time baking pound cake. Though I scaled down the recipe since I couldn’t finish the whole cake with main ingredients at 1 pound each.
This pound cake was really delicious with mild sourness due to the sour cream and cranberries used in the cake.
Ingredients ( bundt pan 10”)
- 90ml lemon juice
- 2 tbs brandy
- 125g dried cranberry
* Pound cake:
- 490g (3 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 227g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 380g white sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbs + 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream / plain yogurt
- Combine the lemon juice, brandy and dried cranberries in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Let cool in the saucepan. Then drain the cranberries, keep the juice.
* Pound cake:
- Preheat the oven to 165C (if using dark pan) or 180C (if using bright pan). Grease the pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and light in color. Add the lemon zest, vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beat until well combined after each addition.
- At low speed, beat in the flour mixture alternating with sour cream / yogurt in three times, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until well combined and smooth.
- Fold in the cranberries. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake at the centre of the oven for 80-85 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Brush half the juice from boiling the cranberries over the cake. Let stand for 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan. Then brush the remaining juice over the cake.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving (optional).