This is my first time making sweet pizza. I was told that childen would love sweet pizzas as they like other sweets. I made it out of curiosity about how a sweet pizza would taste like.
It is also to make use of the Grany Smith green apples I just bought. I like green apples since they are often crunchy and less sweet than other kinds of apples.
The pizza was sweet and crunchy. The thin pizza base was very crispy, while the apple and raisins, after some water had evaporated, became more concentrated in their sweetness. Now I understand why the children love eating sweet pizzas.
My small oven does not allow me to make a pizza of the normal sizes, so I often have to make two small pizzas, the diameter of which is only about 15-18cm.
You need to prepare a basic thin pizza base.
Besides, these are the ingredients and directions:
Ingredients: (for one 12” pizza, serves 4-6)
- 50g raisins
- 4 medium apples, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 25g unsalted melted butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 230oC.
- Roll the pizza dough into a round thin pizza base of 12” in size on the baking tray. Sprinkle the raisins evenly on the crust.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, butter, lemon juice and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture evenly on the crust.
- Bake the pizza at the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes until the crust becomes golden brown.