This soup is very tasty to serve with French bread.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 sweet corn, remove kernels
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 tbs dried small shrimps, washed and soaked in water
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 120ml milk
- 2 tbs. cream
- salt, pepper, paprika
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Hea tthe oil in a saucepan. Add the leek and garlic to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn, potatoes, dried shrimps (including the soaking water), chicken stock and milk. Cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are softened but not broken apart.
- Remove the lid and cook until the soup is thickened. Take out 1 cup of the soup and put in the blender or food processor, process until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Add cream, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley. Remove from the heat.