If you are hunger for something simple and mild in the taste, still good for your health, then you may consider this soup made with chicken and white fungus.
This dish is another application of mine in using Chinese herbs in cooking, so as to make a dish not only tastes good but also provides other health benefits. Consuming this kind of dishes doesn’t mean to see immediate effect, but in the long run, they have curing effects that help prevent us from illnesses.
So let’s try this very simple dish and do something good to your health.
- 1 chicken, about 1kg or 40g lean pork
- 30g white fungus
- 1 litre water
- 2 tsp salt
- Wash and skin chicken as required.
- Leave lean pork in one chunk or cut into two large chunks. Remove any trace of fat, wash and drain.
- Soak white fungus in warm water and pick out all foreign matter. Wash and drain, squeezing out all moisture.
- Combine all ingredients except white fungus and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add white fungus and continue to simmer for 20 mins more.