I had some bread left from last night baking, so I thought of making some soup to finish the bread for my lunch. I could never enjoy a meal without vegetables, so any kind of vegetables should make me find and feel palatable.
Cream soup will be more pleasant to my taste when vegetables are added into it. I toasted the bread slices until they became crispy, then enjoyed them with hot soup. A very full meal for my lunch. But I gained enough energy for continuing with my work for the rest of the day.
Nguyên liệu: (serves 2-3)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 broccoli
- 500ml milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbs flour
- Olive oil, as needed
- Add enough olive oil into a saucepan and heat it till hot, then add the carrot, celery and onion, stir well and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the brocolli and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add 400ml milk, salt, thyme and pepper, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer until all the vegetables are softened (about 8-10 minuntes).
- Blend the flour into the remaining 100ml milk and pour into the hot soup, stir well, bring to a boil again and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately while the soup is warm.